funsec mailing list archives

Apparently Milgram is still right

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:36:42 -0800

People are still willing to torture people, when told to do so by an authority.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/2/hi/health/7791278.stm

This may explain some recent happenings, but it is still disturbing, nonetheless.
We in infosec, and members of society as a whole, have to push harder on the
ethics front.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I
have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.  Now
choose life....                                  - Deuteronomy 30:19
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/