funsec mailing list archives

Re: medical guns!

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 17:30:03 +1300

Larry Seltzer wrote:

I sort of know the guy who designed this, he lives in my town.  He
markets it at old people because he says it's easier for them to shoot
accurately than a conventional pistol, but I don't think he calls it a
medical device.

_He_ may not, but his company (well, the one building "his" guns) claims
to have had the FDA approve it as a "Daily Activity Assist Device", much
as wheel cairs, Zimmer frames and the like are.

That also means its purchase by the suitably "disabled" will be (partly?)
covered by Federal government plans covering the cost of purchase of
"assistive devices".

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald