funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Topic: Heads Up

From: "Kyle C. Quest" <kyle.c.quest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:22:34 -0400

It's funny how you couldn't address any of the points I made and the
positions I presented. If I was so wrong please feel free to support
your claims and back it up with rational facts and logic.

It's also funny that anybody would listen to something called "shadow
CIA"... If the real CIA demonstrated a complete failure what can you
expect from these guys. What exactly is this agency from Texas capable
of? Do they have a huge network of agents throughout the world
including high ranking officials in various countries? Do they have
their own satellites that track military movements, etc?

This was a long article where they were making a lot of claims and to
address them will take a long time. I'll just pick a few:

1. "In spite of diminishing military options outside of the Middle
East, the United States
    did not modify its policy in the former Soviet Union. It continued
to aggressively attempt
    to influence countries in the region".

This was an easy conclusion to make given all of our actions from the
time USSR dissolved. What's sad
is that we chose to continue the goals of the Cold War instead of
trying to build true partnerships.
We kept pushing and pushing breaking our promises and now we are
simply getting a pushback
and a signal to stop our attack. There's nobody, but us to blame for
it. We went for a kill...
instead of trying to be true partners.

2. "When the Orange Revolution came to Ukraine, the American and
European impression was
     that this was a spontaneous democratic rising. The Russian
perception was that it was a
     well-financed CIA operation to foment an anti-Russian and
pro-American uprising in Ukraine."

I wonder why they didn't say what that revolution really was. They
just said... that Americans
and Europeans thought... xyz. Curious to know their position on it. In
the mean time here's
a piece of information that actually came from the "ground". One of
the key tools during
the orange revolution was a big number of protesters in Kiev. Well,
quite a few of those
protesters were students, who ended up there because they were transported there
for free... they were fed for free, and they were given money when
they were there
(in other words they got paid to be protesters). I know that because my wife was
there when it was taking place. The question is where did the money come from?
And when did an "event for hire" became a "spontaneous democratic rising"?
Obviously, not everybody got paid and there were people there for
their political believes,
but moments like this make these events questionable. We are not told
the complete
story there.

Another questionable thing is the naming convention... "orange
revolution", "rose revolution"...
what will the next "<color> revolution" be and where? Is this like a
CVE number that you
can just reserve or does somebody contact you at the right time with
the revolution info
package that includes titles, speeches, action plans, and color flags :-)