funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Topic: Heads Up

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 02:43:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Paul Ferguson wrote:

- -- "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:

A better source for analysis is Stratfor.

Here's their piece on this:

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/russia_problem

In fact, I believe you'll see that I mentioned that in another
post.

I also think that StratFor and the opinions of Zbigniew Brzezinski
are not actually that different. :-)

I subscribe to StratFor, and believe me, they are not exactly alway
"on-target" as the case may be. Some of us actually have a military,
intelligence, and "hostilities" background. I know you do, too, but
we obviously disagree.

Some of the best intelligence is smack-dab obvious.

Some of the best analysis I ever wrote was written really well and had
really brilliant logical conclusions inside, only it wasn't based on
reality, but rather on facts not in evidence. Boy was I annoyed having to
re-write. I wished I was a lawyer and could spin it rather than defend my
thesis, but there you go.

Yes, I did learn how to research correctly after a couple of attempts.

        Gadi.