funsec mailing list archives

Re: The right to bear arms & make salad

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:06:32 -0700

Since banning guns didn't stop the increase in violent crime, nor
universal surveillance, more removing the rights of the law abiding must
be the solution, right?

What happened to the fundamental principle in Common Law that no freeman
may be debarred the use of arms?

The framers of the US Constitution could see the writing on the wall
after the Restoration, hence they made sure that our pre-existing rights
were fully codified.

And don't tell me this isn't about security. Physical security, the
right, which without the means is meaningless, to defend your life,
liberty and property, is the basis of all other rights.