funsec mailing list archives

Re: Operating System in US ATMs

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:59:26 -0400

Have been for quite some time:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/12/02/HNwinatm_1.html

________________________________

From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org]
On Behalf Of Kyle C. Quest
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:36 PM
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Operating System in US ATMs

There's a good chance that it's Windows XP Embedded. It's meant to be
used in ATMs, industrial equipment, or other embedded devices. There's a
big difference between a standard XP and XP Embedded because with
Embedded you actually get to choose the components that get installed.

Kyle

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Bruce Ediger <eballen1 () qwest net>