funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who on funsec is in the "Main Core" database?

From: "John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP" <bambenek.infosec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:01:02 -0500

Right, because seeing who is talking to overseas terrorists is the same as
the TSA fingerbanging granny at the airport.

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:47 AM, <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2008 07:18:44 CDT, Dennis Henderson said:

In the US, anything considered "taking action " or "necessary" violates
some
civil or constitutional right or is leaked out by some "conscientious
objector". It would seem some organizations care more about keeping their
phone calls private than allowing the government to do its one
constitutionally mandated function; Protecting us from all enemies,
foreign
and domestic.

And exactly how far are they allowed to trample over our Constitutionally
mandated freedoms to do it?

Should the President be allowed to say "screw even the minimal oversight
of the FISA court" and do mass wiretapping of US citizens with zero
oversight?
In case you didn't notice, he came out and admitted flat out that He.
Broke.
The. Law.

Are we a nation of laws or of men?

And do you *really* think that all of the "Security Theater" with trying to
get on board a flight actually does any good, when *anybody* who has half a
brain can get into the restricted areas of the airport?  Consider the
following
two items from Dave Farber's I-P list about a week ago: