funsec mailing list archives

Re: TrendMicro goes Douchebag

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org>
Date: 03 Feb 2008 06:33:09 +0000

drsollyp () drsolly com (Drsolly) writes:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

Do all AV companies pay Dr. Solly for "checking code for malicious
activity"?

No, because I was too stupid to patent it.

well, you've got me beat.  i chose not to patent "method of determining
reputation of internet hosts by real time domain name system lookup", but
i think the patent you didn't apply for would have crippled an industry
moreso than the patent i didn't apply for.  hats off to you.
--
Paul Vixie