funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. 'State Secrets' Case May Get Airing

From: Dave Dittrich <dittrich () u washington edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:37:10 -0700

Brian Loe wrote:
On 10/11/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

They certainly aren't working for Americans much these days.
Actually they are - if they can make sure that even the unpopular ones get
a fair shake, they help guarantee that we *all* do.

Dumb..dedumb....dumb...DUMB!!! <again!!!>

Who is it that we're talking about here again?

Well, if Wikipedia is your weapon of choice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

If its the US govt, asserting a legal right to do something,
and that something could equally apply WITHIN the US border
to a US citizen, then it doesn't matter who the subject is.
Its the application of legal principles, grounded in
the Constitution, that matters.

And how appropriate you cite "dumb de dumb dumb." Back
to Wikipedia again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragnet_(drama)

The ominous, four-note introduction to the brass and tympani theme music
(titled "Danger Ahead")...

Thanks for pointing out why its important our rights
are protected. :)

--
Dave Dittrich                          Information Assurance Researcher,
dittrich () u washington edu              The iSchool

PGP key      http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/pgpkey.txt
Fingerprint  FE97 0C57 0843 F3EB 49A1  0CD0 8E0C D0BE C838 CCB5