funsec mailing list archives

A fun security experiment with the TSA

From: <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:17:34 -0500

Hi,

I've been traveling a lot this summer and I have noticed that the TSA is
inspecting my checked bags about 50% of the time.  I know because they leave
a nice calling card in my bags each time they open them up.  I'm not sure
what they are so interested in, but it might be related to the fact that I'm
on some sort of terrorist watch list.

I am kind of interested in what the TSA is doing with my bags in the back
room.  Does anyone have any suggestion for some kind of cheapo video camera
that I can place in my bag in order to catch all of the action?

Richard M. Smith