funsec mailing list archives

DynDNS Won't Deliver NDRs

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:53:05 -0400

Everyone please brace yourselves: It seems that spammers and malware
authors have actually taken to abusing the NDR mechanism. Can you
imagine?

The only real question I have here is that they say the value of NDRs is
nil. Not the first time I've heard this. Perhaps the RFC should change?

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.eweek.com/cheap_hack/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com