funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spam: Re: How much security does $1 trillion buy?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:23:33 -0500

On 8/3/07, der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca> wrote:
No, you can't take it.  I can't take it.  Nobody can - that's the
whole point of torture.

Um, there *are* cases of people not breaking, sometimes even to the
point of dying, under torture.

There are also cases of people giving up real information.

However, I was never trying to defend "torture" - nor did I want to
argue the definition of torture or whether or not this technique or
another is torture. However, to compare anything we might have done
(and its all speculation of course, always is, the worse it is the
more believable it is apparently) to what took place in Iraq under
Saddam and his sons is just...disgusting. And before I'm asked, as if
it isn't painfully obvious, I do value the lives of those Iraqi
citizens more than those taking up arms to wage jihad (regardless of
who they're trying to kill or where).