funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spam: Re: How much security does $1 trillion buy?

From: Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:29:20 -0500

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 04:20 -0500, Brian Loe wrote:
No, what I'm saying is that we're not "torturing" anyone.

Reason for waterboarding enemy combatants? To prevent
another terrorist attack.

Waterboarding not torture?  Spoken just like someone who has never had
it done to them.  If you think it is so benign, stop by my place and
I'll let you experience this wonderful non-torture first hand.  It's
only a little water.

If not, STFU on torture - you have no clue about what you are talking
about.  The fact that you'll cower behind such atrocities to give
yourself an illusion of security speaks volumes.
--
- Andy

Any man who has lived at all knows the follies and wickedness he's
capabe of. ... And if he does know it, he knows also that neither
he nor any man ought to be allowed to decide a single human fate.
  - C. P. Snow, The Light and the Dark