funsec mailing list archives

RE: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed theDeclarationofIndependence ?

From: "Stephen P. Villano" <stephen.villano () us army mil>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:02:26 +0300

It may sound cruel, but frankly I would rather that your ancestors DID
participate. It would give a personal, visceral feeling to the errors long
past.
However, remember this: YOU were not responsible. Those in the past were,
though they felt what the did was the right thing to do, history has proven
then incorrect.
As such, one would expect that one would go on with life, try to make things
a little better for those living in current times and those to come. Pass on
the painful lesson to one's offspring with the same message and wishes.

On my mother's side of the family, I've learned that she was descended from
the Reynolds family. While there is a lot of family history to go along with
this, suffice it to say that her mother's honorable consideration to her
husband's offspring put her out from that family. Said family was well off
due, in large part to slave labor on their plantations. I've passed that
along to my two daughters, along with the lessons hard learned from history
and my wishes. I'm certain that out of two, at least one, and most likely
both will pass that hard learned lesson along to my grandchildren (whenever
they may be born.)
Along with the lesson that *ALL* guns are loaded, no matter *HOW* unloaded
the owner says the weapon is (a lesson drilled into them since they could
understand my American, error, English...)
With power comes responsibility. Whether it's the power perceived by
weaponry or by the more important weapon: Knowledge. One wields one's weapon
responsibly and only draws it with even more sacred responsibility.

OK, after 26 hours of travel/flight time, it's time to hit the hay. Besides,
as much as I'll hate myself for scheduling myself for work tomorrow, I have
work tomorrow and some training...
My spell checker decided I was incompetent to continue...

WOW! I managed to do that LAST paragraph without a speeeling erorrrer!