funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Beat: U.S. Navy to Mask Swastika-Shaped Barracks

From: "Åke Nordin" <polymorpevz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:49:08 +0200

On 9/28/07, Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com> wrote:
On 9/27/07, Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 02:37:25PM -0500, Brian Loe (knobdy () gmail com) wrote:
If you want to twist those comments into a political statement, feel
free, but leave me out of it since I'm NOT making a political
statement!

Claiming that the Iranians would be interested in sat images of a Seebee
base on US soil with the implication of evil intent is a political
statement.  It is fear mongering of the very sort that the White House
is presently engaged in to demonize Iran.

The White House isn't the one that is demonizing Iran.  Iran is doing
that all on their own.

The iranians may be apt all by themselves, but nothing can overshadow
the vast propaganda machine the U.S. employs to that end.

Dear U.S.-based list members, it hasn't ever occurred to you that you
just might be slightly afflicted by that severe reality distortion field that
your media emits at all and every wavelength?

Please note: I do not, repeat not, believe that the iranians are all
peaceloving and benign. Their religious/political leadership actually
seems to be a tad dangerous.

But, and this is a significant aber, I fail to see that they pose any
significant danger beyond the scale of ordinary drug cartels, sports
hooligans or even tax cheaters to the general security of the U.S.
homelands. They are a threat primarily to their own citizens. All that
rhetoric and ballyhoo from Ahmadinejad et consortes is first and
foremost to achieve a situation where the interior is content with
their repression since they believe the western world has an agenda
with their annihilation on it. You just guess if that baseball fanboy
has helped them in keeping Iran non-secular and tolerant of
religious opression. Seen in that light, GWB is indeed their most
powerful supporter.

If they're a pain in the ass when you have to pay up at the
pump, so what? They actually help you save the world from
global warming...

--
Åke Nordin Unix/net geek, Netia.se consultant, Stacken member.
Damian Conway: "The programmer is fighting against the two most