funsec mailing list archives

Re: Keep Gadi Evron off Bugtraq

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:10:53 +0100

Calling someone a kid who just released a major disclosure isn't
helpful in the bigger picture of extracting relevant information from
the person, or hearing from others with insightful information
on-topic with the exploitation of PDF.

Calling someones major disclosure "a non event" isn't helpful in the
bigger picture of extracting relevant information from the person, or
hearing from others with insightful information on-topic with the
exploitation of PDF.

Calling someones subject title inappropriate because its called "0day"
isn't helpful in the bigger picture of extracting relevant information
from the person, or hearing from others with insightful information
on-topic with the exploitation of PDF.

Bugtraq moderators, please keep irrelevant conversation out of
important disclosures in future, where knowing relevant, on topic
information is mission critical to why people use your mailing list.

Its not a kiddy flame, I have no grudges with Gadi Evron, there is
just a time and place for pissy conversation about buzzwords, and
putting it in that particular thread just to teach the poster a lesson
about buzzwords isn't cool.

For all you know, because the thread ended up over run with buzzword
conversation, you could have made the original poster not want to post
relevant information, or hearing from others with insightful
information on-topic with the exploitation of PDF.

What the hell are these Bugtraq moderators doing with their day, have
they simply lost sight and focus themselves? Its funny from a company
calling themselves "Security + Focus" to allow someone to totally
train wreck what would of, could of been an interesting, insightful,
relevant conversation about the topic "We have a PDF flaw which can
own Windows".

Instead, it turned into "Why Gadi Evron thinks this disclosure is
named wrongly", dude no one cares, its Bugtraq man, don't lose focus.
Keep your industry leading buzzword police conversation for elsewhere.

Keep Gadi Evron off Bugtraq, Unless he comes up with something which
helps solve the mission critical, a 0-day PDF flaw, which we were all
wanting more information about for whitehat purposes.

What I want from Bugtraq:

Stay mission critical, if someone posts about PDF flaw, then only
accept reply posts about PDF.

Don't allow someone to go off mission critical just because they are well known.

Actually read your list description when moderating Bugtraq, mission
critical is important to the rest of us who aren't trying to be
buzzword pioneers, which if you know Gadi from other lists. is his own
mission critical, but its not everyone elses interest, so keep him off
Bugtraq.

I think I have made myself clear, and yes I could have went into the
PDF thread and ranted and raved about Bugtraq moderators, but my name
isn't Gadi Evron, so I started my own thread to tell him he and his
Bugtraq moderator supporters are idiots and ruining Bugtraq for
everyone else.

Whats the point in moderating Bugtraq after that thread, sigh... it
didn't look like  a moderated conversation at all, it looked like a
Bugtraq moderator was sleeping at the wheel.