funsec mailing list archives

Re: Never forget...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:08:08 -0400

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:36:49 CDT, Brian Loe said:
On 9/11/07, eliza <ghooti () googlemail com> wrote:
why?

it is obvious that you (as a nation) have learnt nothing.

How so?

Umm.. the fact that we've spent the 6 years since then going out of our way to
make sure that the people who did it the first time have entire new countries
where they can recruit people who hate us, rather than trying to work towards
real peace?

Which countries in the area bounded by Egypt, Turkey, Afghanistan, and Pakistan
hate us more now than they did 6 years ago, and which ones are more favorably
disposed towards us?

We've spend like $440B or more to wage war in an area where Hamas has plenty
of grassroots support because they spent *their* money building hospitals
for the needy.

How many hospitals could we have built for that money?

Oh, and Hamas lost a lot less people in construction accidents building things
for people who wanted them there, than we lose to IEDs placed by people who
don't want us there.

And we persist in the same behavior.

So yes, it's obvious we've collectively learned nothing.  Or at least the
country's leadership hasn't - some 70% of the population doesn't support the
current policy.