funsec mailing list archives

Re: Never forget...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:17:15 -0500

On 9/11/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:36:49 CDT, Brian Loe said:
On 9/11/07, eliza <ghooti () googlemail com> wrote:
why?

it is obvious that you (as a nation) have learnt nothing.

How so?

Once again someone makes a statement that they ought to have to defend
and you jump in - or was that your twin last time?

Umm.. the fact that we've spent the 6 years since then going out of our way to
make sure that the people who did it the first time have entire new countries
where they can recruit people who hate us, rather than trying to work towards
real peace?

What new countries would those be? I'm unaware of any "new" muslim countries.

Which countries in the area bounded by Egypt, Turkey, Afghanistan, and Pakistan
hate us more now than they did 6 years ago, and which ones are more favorably
disposed towards us?

Who cares? They don't have to love us, they damned well better respect
us (as Teddy would say). Considering their positions in the world, you
can rest assured that they indeed do.

We've spend like $440B or more to wage war in an area where Hamas has plenty
of grassroots support because they spent *their* money building hospitals
for the needy.

"Their" money? How'd they get money? They don't earn it... Who'd they
murder for it?

And what hospitals? You ready to trust your life to it? Please, by all
means, do...

How many hospitals could we have built for that money?

Who cares? We're not in the business of building hospitals. However,
we are in business, currently, of helping to rebuild Iraq and
Afghanistan - same as we did with Germany and Japan.

Oh, and Hamas lost a lot less people in construction accidents building things
for people who wanted them there, than we lose to IEDs placed by people who
don't want us there.

According to all reports, there are 20k+ people in the area that don't
want the people placing IEDs there either, which is why they joined
the Iraqi police forces in recent months.

So yes, it's obvious we've collectively learned nothing.  Or at least the
country's leadership hasn't - some 70% of the population doesn't support the
current policy.

 A statistic I haven't yet read today...