funsec mailing list archives

Re: The attacks on Estonia by Russians (or Russia?)

From: "Åke Nordin" <polymorpevz () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 00:22:04 +0200

On 6/1/07, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
Who's more posh, Clausewitz or Sun Tzu? I hear Rommel wrote a book too.

Depends on your world views, I assume. Almost every yahoo that
survived long enough to get their stars and laurels seems to have
written something up. I'd read Guderian before Rommel, if for nothing
else that I believe the former would be the more spectacular.

But I'd recommend one book in particular if one wishes to grasp
the evolution of military strategy from a political, or rather
evolution-of-society viewpoint: The history of Warfare by John Keegan.

I don't know which strategy text would be most pertinent to understand
international cyberterrorism, but I would assume it needs to cover
assymetric warfare scenarios in depth. I wouldn't mind
recommendations in this area at all.

--
Åke Nordin Unix/net geek, Netia.se consultant, Stacken member.
Damian Conway: "The programmer is fighting against the two most