funsec mailing list archives

Re: Brit bobbies play with model airplanes while on the job

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:28:05 -0500

On 5/22/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

> On 5/22/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
>
> > What?
> >
> > You mean, it's OK for the police to use full-size man-carrying
> > helicopters, but not to use cheap toy ones?
> >
> > Perhaps you'd like to explain how one is an invasion of privacy and the
> > other isn't?
>

> First you'll need to fill me in on the dream you've just awakened from
> then I'll do my best to analyze it for you.

What? What? Is it morning already?

> What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about "Brit bobbies play with model airplanes while on the
job".

Okay, so what does that have to do with full-sized man-carrying choppers?

Are you referring to the current use of real helicopters? I'm not
aware of such helicopters being used for surveillance in the private
sector - in the US or the UK. If they're doing so in the UK then I
guess these mini-choppers would be one hell of an improvement,
assuming their fuel is cheaper and flight times longer.