funsec mailing list archives

Re: Proper y'all usage

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:00:18 -0500

On 5/14/07, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:

Here's my personal favorite:

"Witchyaditchya"

  Used in a sentence:  "So, I see y'all brought yer wife witchyaditchya."
  translated:  "So, you brought your wife along."
  litteral translation: Witchyaditchya = With you did you?

I find it hard to use on a daily basis, but when I can I use it.  It's
especially eyebrow raising because I'm a Yankee in Mass, born and raised
:-)  But I certainly have southern blood running through these veins
somehow! ;-)

Mike B

I love the term I hear my relatives in Central Florida use all the time.
Translates to "in a minute, or soon".

"I'll do that directly...."  more sounding like terektly.

"you comin?"
"terektly..."

Dennis