funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:21:38 -0500

On 5/14/07, sam stover <sam.stover () gmail com> wrote:
Everything else aside, I think this discussion boils down to this one
nugget:

> How do you punish someone for something they were going to do? Or
> worse, MIGHT have done?

And honestly, I don't have a good answer for it.  In hindsight (which is
where I was coming from) it's easy - "there should have been legislation
to stop this from happening", but in foresight (where you are coming
from), it's murky, and dangerous, waters.

I'm not sure I concede the point, but I def. don't have anything new or
better to bring to the fore.  Heh.

/me slams $5 on the table
"I'm out."

Sam, I appreciate your honest approach to the subject at least. Few
who have disagreed with me on anything on this list have bothered to
even entertain an opposing view let alone discuss it in a respectable
manner.

Solly - you have a prick? Should we arrest you now or wait to see if
you actually rape someone?