funsec mailing list archives

Re: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 23:29:55 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/4/07, Jeffrey Sharpe <jsharpe () cyberlynk net> wrote:

Granted that guns and knives on a plane are bad things all around when you
have people willing to die to kill others, but what about pepper spray?  Not
generally considered as deadly, but for the most part will incapacitate
someone.  I would be more than willing to let people have pepper spray on an
airplane that I am on.  Sure, it could get bad if there is an issue with
someone with bad intentions, but which is better, to have a bunch of people
that have been spraying pepper spray around like crazy, or a plane being
crashed into a building?

If the airlines turned up the air exchange rate on their flights, you
wouldn't even know that pepper spray had been let loose. Before they
banned smoking (to save money, btw), you never needed to know.

And again, people who want to do bad things will do them. Banning
weapons that can be used in defense of life does NOTHING but disallow
the good guys from protecting themselves. I don't know how many
examples of this people need before they wake up to this simple fact,
for me I only needed to understand the basic logic of the issue.

And that's why I want to be able to carry my hand grenades onto an
airplane.