funsec mailing list archives

Re: Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 00:38:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 3/10/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

I don't know who was behind it (cut to background montage of the now infamous
"what really happened" Joe Lieberman website hack),

I'm still under the impression that it was an unpaid bill that brought
down the site. Its not like a web site ever won an election anyway...

but I do know that it
would likely have not been as easy to perpetrate if so many people weren't
tools of a capitalistic monopoly software vendor.

What monopoly?

I'm guessing that he's referring to the Microsoft monopoly of desktop
systems, which means that botnets have become a major problem.

And before you answer, tell us what you're running on
the machine you're typing from.

Linux.

Perhaps you didn't know that a "Monopoly" doesn't mean that the vendor has
100% of the market?

What's wrong with capitalism - other than its American and you hate America?

Nothing, but that's probably because it isn't American, it's British. And
I don't hate America, although I wouldn't like to live there, and I'm
reluctant to visit since America got a dose of xenophobic paranoia.
But the food there is great, and I'm told that if you look carefully, you
can find good beers in most cities.