funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:11:01 -0500

On 10/25/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

> > Homophobic evangelicals trying to define "marriage" as a union between
> > a man and a woman.  They go totally batshit at the thought that Sir Elton
> > John has likely been in a stable happy monogamous relationship longer than
> > they have.  So there's been a flurry of attempts to pass state laws,
> > amendments to state constitutions, and even a lot of talk about putting it
> > in the US Constitution just so the Supreme Court can't overturn it.
>

> What is a marriage to you again?

That is going too far Brian. I want to see an apology, here.

        Gadi.

I'm not sure I understand the complaint - I asked a question in
regards to what he thinks a marriage is. He gave a definition in this
debate prior to this message and I'm wondering if its changed.

If you think I'm being anti-gay, you're wrong. If you think I'm
against gay marriage, you're wrong. But, if I were anti-gay marriage,
why aren't you asking him to apologize for calling me a homophobe -
when I could name lots of reasons for being anti-same-sex marriage and
STILL not be a homophobic evangelical (or complain about his labeling
of all homophobes as evangelical for that matter)!

Seems to me you were correct in ending the thread but I can't see why
I should apologize for asking a simple (previously answered) question.
Please explain...