funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:15:25 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:18:30 CDT, Brian Loe said:

congregations that do a LOT of good around the world. How you can
compare modern Christian religions to the wackos in the middle east is
beyond me..

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that if anything, a greater percentage
of Christians in North America are further around the bend than the Muslims
in the middle east.  Where did "Intelligent Design in schools" and "defense
of marriage" stuff come from?

Intelligent Design is an attempt to upgrade Creationism from a writing in
a Holy Book, to a Scientific Theory, which then means that it can be
taught in schools on a par with evolution without conflicting with the
separation of church and state.

"Defense of marriage" is a new one to me, what's that all about?

And at least the middle east wackos have an excuse - they don't have a
constitution that codifies tolerance and equality.  We, however, are
actively trying to backslide on those concepts....

That can only be because you're forgotten what that leads to, but if you
need a reminder, look at Iraq.