funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: "Nervox Nervox" <nervox.nosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:18:51 +0300

On 10/24/06, David Lodge <dave () cirt net> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 05:22:09 +0100, der Mouse
<mouse () rodents montreal qc ca> wrote:
>> Every religion feels that if you don't believe in their "God" that
>> you're going to some form of "Hell".
> This is not true, actually.  Some religions don't have any kind of
> hell.  Some don't have a singular God; some don't even have anything
> it's fair to call a "god" at all.  (Examples: Wicca; Shinto; Buddhism;
> assorted others.  http://www.religioustolerance.org/ is worth a
> look-in.)

Actually I think I'd go a bit further and say that only the Abrahamic
religions (Judism, Christianity, Islam, Mandaeism, Baha'i, which to me are
all the same religion, just with minor differences) have this concept.

Minor diffrence ? HAHAHAH well i wish it was big diffrence because the
minor diffrence kills  a shit load of people here in the middle east.

Most seem to be pretty ambiguous on what happens after death.

In your above examples you could argue about whether they have a deity or
not - Wicca does have the Earth mother and is strongly based on older
polytheistic religions (even though it's only 50 years old). Shinto is
more pantheist, but some of the greater Kami (e.g. Ameratseru) were raised
to the level of deities - so you could argue that they're polytheistic
(then again I argue that Catholicism is a polytheistic religion - they
deify anything).

Personally, I'm somewhere between a pantheist and a polytheist, so as far
as I'm concerned all religions are correct, for a certain value of correct.

I know, when I die I'm going to be picked up by big breasted Valkyries and
taken off to drink beer for eternity - now that's a good after life policy
:-)

I would second that.

dave

In Eris we trust.
Discordianism answer to order is religion!!!

Now go have some candian bacon :D.

Best Nervox