funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Want a beer at the pub? Have your prints taken

From: Bryan <bryan.madhatter () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:09:19 -0500

The suicide argument semi-made sense to prevent people from committing
suicide to pass
along an estate or stop being a burden on their family by taking their life
once they had a
terminal disease, were unable to care for themselves, etc.  It's bizarre
logic in a way since
you can't punish a dead person, but it does deny the passing along of
property/valuables
since the act that made said transfer possible occurred during the
transmission of a crime.

Regards,

Bryan

On 10/23/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:
> On 10/22/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
>
> > I can *understand* the anti-smoking law. That's about it.
>
> Really? So you understand the government's ability to control your
> private property just fine?

I am the *only* Israeli non-smoker, I don't mind people smoking around me
one bit, but I can understand smoking not being allowed in public places,
as well as the UK government's wish to limit the habit by raising taxes on
it.

I can't understand anything that impacts me directly or tells me what to
do, at that level, if I don't hurt others and do so in the privacy of my
own house.

Do we really want to go to the philosophical realm of whether suicide
should be legal or illegal? Let's stick to the facts.

Limiting beer drinking to 2 AM will not actually help reduce drunk
driving. Taking my prints at the bar sound stoo 1984-ish to me.