funsec mailing list archives

Re: Idaho Killer Holds Encryption Key to Laptop Mystery

From: "Rob Thompson" <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:25:40 -0700

On 10/19/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
<snip>
p.s. They should have never plea-bargained with this crimal in
any way, shape, or form.
</snip>

While I typically agree with what you are saying in regards to any
person that is dabbling with a crime of this magnitude - I would have
to say that this particular guy is "special" enough that I think he
deserved an exception.

A red hot poker about the size of a pee-hole, and he should just have
been given the choice to answer any and all questions otherwise, he
would be "examined".

And then after he has given what was needed, he should be given the
"exam" anyways.  Because I don't think that Shasta or her brother were
really given any choices either.

It's funny, not too many crimes that make the news get me.  But this
one sure as heck did.  Right down to my rotten core.

--
Rob