funsec mailing list archives

Re: Idaho Killer Holds Encryption Key to Laptop Mystery

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:19:31 -0500

On 10/19/06, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Right.  This really has nothing to do with encryption itself.  It's no
different than the serial killer who refuses to say where the bodies are
hidden, even after he has been convicted.  And heck, we can torture it
out of them now, right?

If I were the cynical type, I'd say that this is just another example of
trotting out the evil things that a particular tool can be used for, by
some party that has an agenda against that tool.

Another keeper...