funsec mailing list archives

Re: 1 in 3 workers write down passwords

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:03:46 -0500

On 10/18/06, coderman <coderman () gmail com> wrote:

> Also, IBM-Lenovo ships a utility called "ThinkVantage Password
> Manager" with their Thinpad laptops which basically does the same
> thing.

thanks, this sounds interesting and worth looking into.

They also have a builtin fingerprint reader. My boot password is
nearly impossible to memorize, but if I have one of my middle fingers
handy I can still get in. Its also the same password for the OS.
Unfortunately this isn't supported very well in many/most linux
distributions.