funsec mailing list archives

RE: 1 in 3 workers write down passwords

From: <Toralv_Dirro () McAfee com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:32:16 +0100

I think one of the major issues is: stupid passwords.  I've
spent time at places that have completely asinine password
policies (must be 8 characters or longer, letters and numbers
and at least 2 symbols, no spaces, no 2 characters within
every 4 characters can be the same, etc.

... and the password must be changed every 30 days, of course none of
the last 8762 passwords used can be recycled

I'm probably just rambling.  But I really hate the common
password policies.

You're not alone :)

cheers,
Toralv