funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] "Report warns of people-tagging madness"

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:17:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 11/1/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:

Governments are not our friends, even if they are All Republican, and
headed
by a born again.

---> Religion should Not play any role in government, so if the gov. is
headed by a devout born again, it is all that more evil to me.....

I have no idea where this is coming from, or how Bush's religious
beliefs has anything to do with our government. They're HIS
principles, not mine. I have yet to have anyone point a gun at me and
force me to be baptized...

The religious beliefs of people who govern you, are very significant when
they repeatedly say that their actions are guided by their religious
beliefs, because that means that their beliefs aren't just a private
matter, they're used to guide government policy.

If the religious beliefs are evil, then you have the very dangerous
situation of a political leader firmly wedded to evil beliefs, and making
policy according to those beliefs.

What you folks need, is a separation of church and state.