funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] "Report warns of people-tagging madness"

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:27:07 -0600

On 10/31/06, Bruce Ediger <eballen1 () qwest net> wrote:
On 10/30/06, rms () computerbytesman com <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
Hmm, should I be worried about all this tracking?'

To which Brian Loe responded:
Only if you want to disappear or do something illegal.

Hey, what if your ethnic group falls out of disfavor?  The Hutu/Tutsi
thing in Rwanda didn't happen all that long ago.  Also, I believe
the Czechoslovak Federal Republic revoked the citizenship
of most or all those of "gypsy descent" not too long ago
(http://www.law.nyu.edu/eecr/vol7num2/special/denyingcitizenship.html).

Another completely legitimate arguement against it...