funsec mailing list archives

Re: Backdoor Software Being Developed to Regain Control of Hijacked Aircra ft

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:56:39 -0400

On 7/22/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
The last sentence in this snippet is perhaps the most interesting.
What about a hacker on the ground?

[snip]

Some 30 European businesses and research institutes are working to
create software that would make it possible from a distance to regain
control of an aircraft from hijackers, according to the German news
magazine.

On the good side of this, I can now buy a ticket for a flight from LGA
to LAX and divert it to Fiji with no additional costs :-)

-JP<who would boot from a LiveCD when making the adjustments>

<disclaimer: If you recieved this email in error, then your system is
not functioning properly you f$%ING NSA b@$tards! Also, this is a joke
and do not take it as a serious threat. I am not a very good hacker,
and if I was, I would be desiging pokerbots and not changing my
airline reservations in order to save a few bucks>