funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus Ignores U.S. Court?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:21:26 +0100 (BST)

I'm not sure how women don't have equal protection under the law, but
that's aside the point. In reality, when the USSC generally discusses
companies as having "rights" they are or should be referring to the
stock holders' rights - not the corporate entity's. Our political

I have a feeling that under US law, a corporation is a legal "person",
there was some railraod case that set this precedent.

systems is not "based" on money either, it seems that way and often
works as if it were, but it isn't. Unfortunately *WE* don't appear to
be disgusted enough to change the way it looks...yet.

Finally, any "commercial free speech" there may be would have to
protect spamhaus customers equally - meaning they have the right to
enlist the services of spamhaus. I have the ability to block
television stations using a government required chip in my TV, and I
have the ability to hire someone to filter my e-mail. Spamhaus has the
right to say so-and-so is a spammer and if they believe they're being
libeled they have the right to sue. That's how this system works.