funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Ask Solly to explain English "freedom of speech" again ; -)

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:04:02 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

"directed freedom of speech"? Love it... I was told to ask, so I had to... :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=403815&in_page_id=1770

Christian faces court over 'offensive' gay festival leaflets By STEVE
DOUGHTY Last updated at 08:48am on 6th September 2006

 A police force was caught up in a freedom of speech row after its
officers arrested an anti-gay campaigner for handing out leaflets at a
homosexual rally.

South Wales police admitted evangelical Christian Stephen Green was
then charged purely because his pamphlets contained anti-gay
quotations from the Bible.

You can wriggle from now until Judgement day, but it's clear that we have
to considerably modify the bible, to take out all the illegal stuff; I
don't know how they got away with it this long.