funsec mailing list archives

Re: write viruses? it's controversy time of the month

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:06:30 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:00:00 -0500
From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
To: massimo () grandmedia si
Subject: Re: [funsec] write viruses? it's controversy time of the month
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org

On 8/29/06, <...> <massimo () grandmedia si> wrote:
depends on how much you trust someone will be able to disassemble/modify it
and re-deploy it without those restrictions...
but of course guns makers cannot be held responsible for shootings....

So, what antivirus was last used to prevent a crime or save a life?

Surely you can do better than making a *seemingly* ignorant comment to
stir the pot - or is the virus thread that boring?

Not at all boring.  It's dead.  We beat it to death several threads ago.
We're just trying to make sure that it won't resurrect any time soon.

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks () cadence com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin