funsec mailing list archives

RE: Court Documents For Winternals vs Best Buy Geek Squa d

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:41:23 -0400

 Winternals trained the Geek-Squad before this happened on how to use ERD
commander, and some of the Geek-Squad people had mentioned that they were
using it illegally before and that they were glad that Best Buy was finally
purchasing licenses.

  It's surprising in this day and age that a large corporation still feels
that they can use software in this manner and never get caught....  I guess
it happens more often than I think...

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580