funsec mailing list archives

Re: Things You Can't Say in Notepad

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:01:52 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:07:13 -0500
From:                   Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>

Not sure if this helps any investigations, but we've confirmed that it
_does not_ work under Wine.  I guess it must be an API problem.

Molto bizarre, if what Nick says about Unicode detection is on the mark.

By the way, in an attempt to come up with a cute subject line for a posting I
tested a few more phrases.  Adding to what we had already:

Phrases that work:
dead jfk gun shots
this app can break
Bush hid the facts
Mary had old lambs
Mary had nlw lambs
wing for the right

Phrases that don't work:
This app can break
Mary had new lambs
plot has bin bared
wing off the right

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
We need not worry so much about what man descends from--it's what
he descends to that shames the human race.              - Mark Twain
Dictionary Information Security     www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm