funsec mailing list archives

Re: knife ban going to work?

From: "Jerry Hill" <malaclypse2 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:45:11 -0400

On 5/26/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
So, we have a static murder rate, and a static gun ownership rate, and
you're deducing something from that. Well, you can't.

I thought the whole point of this conversation was that you haven't
had a static gun ownership rate.  The UK gun prohibition went into
effect in 1999, I think?  That's why Brian was quoting murder rates
from 1991 compared to those in 2002.

Or are you saying that the gun prohabition didn't have any effect on
the gun ownership rate?

--
Jerry