funsec mailing list archives

RE: turn in your knives!

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:22:12 -0400

 boy do I feel safer knowing that the evil Batleth is off the streets.  There are oh so many people that are getting
hurt, mamed, killed with those things....  After all it's capable of BEHEADING SOMEONE!!!!!

  The swords too!  WOW!  I feel so much safer now!!!!

  </sarcasm>

   ok, really, how is getting that Batleth off the wall of some Star Trek fan making England safer?  And the swords on
that table too, come on, how many people are even getting so much as a cut finger by one of those things....   A pocket
knife, stilleto, switchblade (flip knife I think it's called in UK), I can see... But how many thugs are actually
walking around with a full hand and a half sword, machette, or Batleth!
   I get a kick out of the looks on the LEO's faces too.... Like they're standing over a grizzly, mamed dead body....

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580