funsec mailing list archives

RE: turn in your knives!

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:50:11 -0400

So, the penalty for armed burglary is so much greater than for
burglary,
that people contemplating burglary dont carry guns. At least, they
don't
in England - I guess they do in the USA. So, as I said, you Americans
can
go on shooting each other; we'll go on living.

You hit the nail right on the ol' head there!  You are absolutely
correct.  IF only our law makers here, AND over there would realize that
it's not the banning of the gun/knife/pointed stick/fresh fruit (I just
love Python!) that will help stop violent crime.

It's the penalties for commiting those crimes with such objects that
will prevent those crimes far greater WITHOUT having to infringe on
people's rights.

  If the penalty for robbing a gumball machine is 2 days in prison.
BUT, the penalty for robbing that same gumball machine with a gun or
knife or other deadly weapon on your person is 2 YEARS in prison witout
early release, how many bad guys are going to rob that gumball machine
with a gun or knife on them?  Only the really reeally stupid, that's
who....

  Mike B