funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:45:39 -0500

On 5/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

>   Does anyone actually think this is a GOOD thing to do?

Yes. It costs very little to do, and you get a lot of
knives-used-as-weapons off the streets. It would, of course, be pointless
in America, where the kids use guns.

What might you base that on? According the to Home Office's latest
report (that I found - 01/02) homicides with guns are equal to or
higher than they were in 98 (the last "amnesty" for guns was THREE
years ago). Therefore there is NO reason to believe this amnesty - or
the ban - will have any impact on the crimes committed with knives
(homicides being chief among them).

As I told you before, and you casually fluffed off because "your ban"
has worked so well, only law-abiding citizens obey laws - criminals,
by definition do NOT.