funsec mailing list archives

RE: Point of No Return? Microsoft Says Recovery from Mal ware Becoming Impo ssible

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:28:34 -0400

 ok, lemme rephrase my question then (are you inferring that the patent office examiners don't read mailing lists?):

I mention an idea for a new and great widget **in some public forum**

Later today I realize that my idea is truly unique and I want to spend the money (couple
thousand USD basically) to get a patent for it.  I would be denied that
patent just because I mentioned the idea publicly?  Even though it was
truely my idea, I would still be denied the patent?

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580