funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Verizon Won't Give Government 'Unfettered' Record Access

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 08:41:18 -0500

Same difference between customer data and actual HIPAA data. Its not
what the records are, its how they're presented, correlated, etc..

Yeah, in the case of phone records it might be a misnomer, your phone
number might as well be your name, but - technically - its not. A
record/log of one number to another number is NOT customer data...

BTW, I like to think I'm always thinking - not just before I press a
key on the keyboard.