funsec mailing list archives

will the real budweiser please stand up? [was: Australian beer? WHAT Australian beer?!]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:49:22 +0200

Kevin McAleavey wrote:
Aye ... and most yanks never look at the side of the tinnie where it clearly says "imported" ... true, but imported from FBG Breweries of Toronto "under licence" ... closest these have ever been to 'roos was if the beer truck went past the zoo on the way to the states.
 It's the house brew here at our company bar, but obviously a bit too "sweet" for down under. But compared to Buttweiser,
we'll take it and give cheers. I'll pass on the Vegemite. Heh.

The ORIGINAL, older, Budweiser.. is the Czech one.

The US company keeps fighting for the trademark in every country they come to.. most recently the EU company won in Spain if I remember correctly.

It's an old and well known/respected trademark. The beer is good too.

In the US it's just another one of them mass/pop/lame beers.. but hey, it's still beer.. according to some.

http://www.cee-foodindustry.com/news/news-ng.asp?n=59720-budvar-beats-a
http://www.breweryage.com/pdfs/2004-06czechvar.pdf
http://www.budvar.cz/budvar/budvar-web/corporate/cms/budvar-corporate/o_spolecnosti/info_znamka_en.cms

        Gadi.