funsec mailing list archives

Australian beer? WHAT Australian beer?! at least with Germany... [was: Chocolate for Geeks]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:34:33 +0200

Thomas Mannfred Carlsson wrote:
On 13 Jan 2006 at 14:09, Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec) wrote:

May I be so bold as to ask "What the heck is Marmite anyway?".....

Marmite (UK) is similar to Vegemite (Australia), which - although euphemistically described as an "acquired taste," "yeast extract" and "sandwich spread" - in practical terms is best understood (both in terms of looks and taste) as the leftover sludge from brewing beer.

There is one successful (or any) Australian beer I am aware of OUTSIDE of Australia. It is THE beer to drink in Australia.

It is indeed made in Australia.

No one in Australia ever heard of it.

Same goes as to Bischoff, try and find one of theirs in Germany.. I love Bischoff (except for their non-wheat based sissy beers).

        Gadi.