funsec mailing list archives

Re: Australian beer? WHAT Australian beer?! at least with Germany... [was: Chocolate for Geeks]

From: "marina krivoshev" <marinakr () bigpond net au>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:27:14 +1100

Up till now I have been a quiet, observant idler of funsec, who prefers to
be educated (by the elite), however I now find it is my turn to be the
educator of those poor unfortunate souls lost in cyber space in the Northern
Hemisphere. (smirk)

VEGEMITE, the meal of the gods, might resemble or even taste, as Gadi says,
"the leftover sludge from brewing beer", nonetheless vegemite is the |33t
spread for the discerning tastes of many fun loving Aussies according to
many studies. However, we wont hold it against Gadi that he has recently
acquired the taste for beer sludge!!! (tongue in cheek)
http://www.vegemite.com.au/
http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/stories/s515779.htm
http://grudnuk.com/vegemite/

BEER on the other hand is a desired, coveted liquid that only Aussies can do
justice to. In the short 200 or so years of Australian history, Aussies have
concocted many excuses for partaking of this wonderous liquid amber - BBQ's
being the most famous OR is it crocodile hunting!!!

http://www.australianbeers.com/
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2005/s1363276.htm

YES! Beer and vegemite are a cultural shock to most visitors BUT we Aussies
are always prepared to re-educate the un-educated in our glorious life
style!!!!
http://www.durackss.eq.edu.au/ifiles/ifaust.htm

HINT: Even though both vegemite and beer are produced from yeast extracts -
NEVER partake of the two at any one time ..... (smirks!

I still loves you Gadi!
Anastacia
Network Admin charon.ifirc.us.net