funsec mailing list archives

Re: Is The .WMF Exploit A ConsPiracy Gone Bad?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:57:30 -0500

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:38:22 PST, Don Kennedy said:

2. That with enough investigation, by the right parties, it can or will be
proven that Microsoft has created this for the FEDS! much like some PRINTERS
have embedded serial numbers in their image output ("Which we also did not know
about at first").

Damn, somebody finally found how they were doing to foist Magic Lantern on us(*).

3. IF this causes a full blown extensive investigation, and the TRUTH is
allowed to come out, I think the outrage will be something not seen in this
country ever before.

Forget it.  King George II is impeachment-proof.

(*) Explaining the fact the code probably pre-dates the Magic Lantern plan is
left as an exercise for the *really* paranoid loons out there - even I won't go there ;)